Cooperation networks for development activities
The purpose of our international development activities in the expert networks of Christian children’s and youth work is to develop activities in cooperation with parishes and our Finnish partners that serve children and young people as well as possible.
Our development networks
- European Conference on Christian Education – ECCE
- International Association for the Study of Youth Ministry – IASYM
- International Association for Children’s Spirituality – IACS
- The international Godly Play network
In addition, we follow the subsequent networks and join their activities when necessary:
- Nordic Sunday School Network
- The international confirmation training research network
- InterEuropean Commission on church and school ICCS
- Nordisk Pedagogisk Nätverk
- GTI – Gordonin Toimivat Ihmissuhteet
We are also a member of the broad-based Uskonnon, katsomuksen ja kasvatuksen tutkimusseura UKKT, which provides us with international connections.
Cooperation networks for children’s and youth work
We participate in the activities of various organisations of European Christian youth work to promote the international solidarity and participation of young people and their ability to influence. We send young people and young adults from our member parishes to events, training and lobbying tasks hosted by these organisations.
Our cooperation partners:
European Fellowship of Christian Youth – EF is an ecumenical cooperation network for Christian youth work. LNK is a member of the EF. LNK is also a member of the Ecumenical Youth Council in Europe (EYCE) through the Finnish Ecumenical Council.
Other EF member organisations:
- FDF – Frivilligt Drenge- og Pige-Forbund, a youth organisation within the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Denmark
- BB – Boys’ Brigade UK & Ireland, a Christian youth organisation connected with Protestant churches
- ÆSKϷ, Island, a youth organisation within the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Iceland
- Erdélyi IKE, Romania (Transsilvania), the YMCA in the Hungarian speaking Transylvania
Other European partner organisations:
- LNÜ, Eesti Evangeelse Luterliku Kiriku (EELK) Laste- ja Noorsootöö Ühendus, a children’s and youth work organisation within the Estonian Evangelical Lutheran Church
- IKO, the Norwegian Centre for Christian Pedagogy
- SKU, Svenska Kyrkans Unga, a youth organisation within the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Sweden
- AEJ, Arbeitsgemeischaft für Evangelishe Jugend in Deutschland, an umbrella organisation for the youth work of Evangelical Churches in Germany
Cooperation networks for global education
We provide parishes with models on how to promote international solidarity under the principle of “by young people to young people”. This cooperation is conducted with parishes and other Finnish cooperation partners, especially with Felm, Finn Church Aid and Operation a Day’s Work (ODW).
We support young people’s ability to influence internationally and take responsibility in global issues, such as the climate, environment, human rights and development and distribute information on related campaigns that could be used for global education in parishes.